Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Moore Reasons

I imagine that most Hillary supporters are living a good life. They’re happy and content. They’re satisfied with their jobs and their health care. They’re not in debt. They’re voting for the first woman president and they’re excited about it.

I remember that day at work like it was yesterday. I worked in a factory that makes hydraulic pumps. The pumps were designed in Youngstown, Ohio by Youngstown workers. No one from another country handed them the blueprints. Every component for the pumps had to be designed. They were designed in America.

After the pumps were created, they had to be tested and perfected. After countless hours of development, the pumps were ready to be mass produced. People were hired to make the pumps. Many people, born and raised in Youngstown, had good paying jobs with good benefits for many years.

But, getting back to that day I remember. It was after the production in our plant was in the process of being moved to China. I ran a Japanese Toyoda CNC grinder and an old American Landis angle slide grinder. I ground the gears that went into the pumps.

We were out of work. The grinders were out of parts to grind. I called my dispatcher and asked him what we were going to do. There were two baskets of parts that needed to be ground. We weren’t supposed to grind them because those parts were being made in China now. The dispatcher got on his phone. He had to check and see where the boat was.

The boat from China was somewhere out in the ocean yet, so he decided to let us grind the parts in those last two baskets.

It was eventually decided that all of our pumps would be made in China or elsewhere. The Youngstown plant would be shut down. As of this writing, the plant is in the process of being shut down. Many of the workers are already permanently laid off.

I heard Donald Trump talking about an air conditioner plant that was being moved out of the United States. When I heard him say he would put a 35% tax on those units when they come back into the country, I became interested in his campaign.

He talked about Oreos too and how a plant was being moved to Mexico. He said we should boycott Oreos and I did. I’m tempted by them every time I see them in the grocery store, but I don’t buy them. I don’t need Oreos anymore.

I never heard a candidate like Trump. He talks about putting Americans first. He talks about being the president of America, not the world. The gears I ground were worth $35. I would have put a $35 tax on each one coming from China. If the Chinese made them for a dime, it would have still cost more to make them in China. The pumps were worth about $400. I would have put a $400 tax on each pump coming from China. I disagree with Trump on the amount of the tax, but at least he has a plan to do something about American jobs being moved to China and Mexico. The current plan under Obama is for the American workers to retrain. People who are used to working with hardened steel with hardened hands can now train to become nurses.

When you vote for president, you don’t just get the president. You get all of the people the president will appoint. If Trump wins, you’ll get fresh people with different ideas. If Hillary wins, you’ll get that same bunch of elite liberals who have been running the country for eight years now. The names will change, but the ideas won’t change. You’ll get people like Huma, Cheryl, and Podesta. If you think the system might be corrupt, you’ll be getting that same corrupt system for another four years.

Michael Moore recently gave a speech about why people are voting for Trump. He's never been an advocate for Trump. The speech first appeared on the internet as an audio file. Many people thought it was fake. They couldn't believe Mr. Moore would say what he said. The video confirms that it's really him. Watch the video. It’s intense and riveting. Maybe enough people are unhappy with their jobs and their health care. Maybe they’re not satisfied with their situation. Maybe they think the system is corrupt. Maybe Trump WILL win.






No comments:

Post a Comment